Thursday, March 6, 2014

Earth to Shannon......


The texts, emails and phone calls are wonderful and totally inviting!  It feels AMAZING to be missed and hearing my family and friends on the phone having a "real" conversation has been a change of pace and a flashback to a few years ago when I didn't live on the computer.

FACEBOOK took OVER my life!  I loved the red little tickers letting me know that I had a message, a notification or a friend request!  I would STOP whatever I was doing to check and clear those red tickers off my screen....even if that meant ignoring one of my children or half listening to a phone call with a friend. Before I knew it....an hour (or two...or three) have passed by!

Wake UP moment.....I was doing some spiritual reading and came across this:  "Cyberspace technologies can help keep us in touch with loved ones far away....and isolate us from those in our own home!" -Elder Bednar.

So, I took control and deactivated my Facebook account!  Those that know me well know that I give 110% to everything I do (unless it's giving blood) and so as I take this cleansing journey and focus on my family and my relationship with my Heavenly Father.....help me fill my time with meaningful relationships and heartfelt memories!


5 comments:

  1. AMEN! I hope I can still see updates from you hear, but I totally agree that spending time with those close is WAY more important! Thanks for still being such a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be trying to keep my blog updated so I can keep people in the loop! Thanks for the sweet message!

      Delete
  2. Last update was in March! How are you?! I sent you an email a while ago but not sure you got it since no reply. Hope all is well. Miss ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete