Monday, July 23, 2012

Trenton's Celebration

Has it really been 13 years since I brought your sweet butt home?  I remember walking into our apartment and Eric and I sat on the couch, you in your carrier and we just looked at you and wondered.....what next?  They really let us take you home!  I was a mom!  I had NO idea what to do except keep food in your belly, your diaper changed and play with you in those tiny moments when your eyes were open.  Through trial and error, tears and screaming.....we might have figured it out.  You now are out of diapers (thank flippin' goodness), you can fill you own belly, and I love to play and spend time with you in those moments when you consider me "cool!"  Happy 13th my sweet boy! 
Angie(my SIL) is GM for a restaurant in Chattanooga called "The Boat House" and it serves seafood of all types and my favorite...a raw bar! If you are in the area, make sure to go for some awesome food, amazing service and a view of the river out the rear of the restaurant.  Trenton selected the catfish platter and he loved it considering it was his first time eating catfish.   


They even gave him a brownie with ice cream and we sang to him.  He got pink in the face and very embarrassed which means we did a great job celebrating.  

Family pictures are hard to come by.  We often get together but to stop and pose for the camera...not so much.  This is Eric's grandmother, parents and 4 of the kids with family.  We are still missing tons in this picture but hey...at least we got some of us! 

All Trenton asked for was a $100 bill!  EASY and DONE!  No gifts, no wrapping and no huge party with friends! Score!

13 trick candles that didn't work on an ice cream cake is our final way at home to celebrate.  Trenton is saving his money for something big, but he won't share it with me.  I love my teenager and I'm looking forward to the next few years.  I'm also sad that our time is short before he leaves the nest and makes this momma bird super sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment