Friday, February 1, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Butter

In October 2012, we had a friend go to an Amish Market and score us some amazing apples at a smashing good deal.  We made apple butter, apple pie filling, applesauce and apple jelly.  Here are the steps for the Crock Pot Apple Butter.  This recipe was given to me by my sweet friend Mary from Great Falls, Montana.  She was a Pampered Chef hostess of mine and we became such good friends, even though she is in her 70's!  

Ingredients:
Enough sliced apples to fill a crock pot
1/2 cup vinegar
3 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of cloves (I combined the spices and just used The Pampered Chef Cinnamon Spice Plus) 

Peel and slice enough apples to fill a crock pot as full as possible.  I used my Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer on the thick (green handle) attachment.  

The apples will shrink as the cooking process starts.  Add vinegar to apples and cook on high for 8 hours.  

Then lower heat to low for 10 hours. (yes, I even set my alarm if I start making this late)

After a total of 18 hours of cooking, add white sugar, brown sugar and spices.  Let cook 4 more hours.   

Put in jars and seal.  This batch will make about 6 pints or 9 of the little jelly jars!  

You will NOT be disappointed in how AMAZING this recipe is!  Try it and let me know what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment