Friday, June 15, 2012

CHANGE AHEAD FOR THE LEE CREW

When your prayers are answered, do you jump up and down, shout with joy, thank your Heavenly Father and then share with friends?   I do…and so I’m sharing my joy with you!

In March, my fervent prayers have been for either me to accept the way that things are in a certain area of my personal life or to please remove me from it.  The answer came about a week ago that I’m being removed from it.  I was elated, thrilled, ecstatic, jubilant…get the picture?

The Lee family is MOVING!  And not just in a few months, but a few days/weeks!  Eric got a full time position with the Air National Guard up in the Washington DC area with a start date of July 16th.  We will be packing up(Air Force will pack and move all our things for us) and then heading up to Eric’s parents for about a month while in transition to hang out with them.

**I’m excited for CHANGE!  For a new start!  For an even bigger chance to make a difference in a new SUPER HUGE area!

**It’s time for my children to have a really good education again with amazing funding, schools and organized but fun schedules.  Not to knock GA education but those of us who have lived in other areas know what I’m talking about.

**I’m ready for all the history, the field trips, family vacations and a SWEET old house to fix up!

**Thrilled to serve and be in a ward where your leaders are also your leaders in the community, local government and even congress!

** They have a huge Food Bank and I will get to transfer my volunteer efforts from Macon, over to a new area and to learn a new system with them.

**We will be close to family…two of my sisters, two of Eric’s brothers, two aunts and uncles and tons of cousins.

**There will be a new PTA and Officers Spouses Club to help along with a huge list of other organizations that I can dip my toes into.

**The chance to reorganize and unpack and purge through all my things again.  I love that we get to do that every few years!

After adding up all the homes that we have lived in…our count is up to 11!  11 homes in only 14 years of marriage.  Wow…good thing we like moving!

Things I’m going to miss:
**My TRUE friends!  As I type this, all I think about is what a HUGE difference you have made in my life.  I’m thankful for you and good thing for current technology, we will be able to stay in touch and still share our thoughts and fun stories with each other.

**My AMAZING parents and siblings!  One thing I loved so much about living here in GA was the opportunity after being away from my family with the military, was being so close again to “home.”  My mom and dad are two of the most influential people in my life.  It will be the hardest not meeting them for a meal, getting a hug when I need one and watching them play with my kids.   Kirsten and Garrett were so young when I left the house and got married that we never really had a “friendship” just a “put up with you because you are my sibling” kind of relationship.  I’m so happy that that is not the case anymore.  I now know them and I love them and would do anything for them!  It’s a good thing that they will have a great year as well with changes and I’m proud of them.

**My Pampered Chef GA TEAM, my hosts, and my customers who have supported me!  It’s amazing the people that are put into your life through a business.  We will for sure stay in touch and you can always still call, host a show and place an order with me even though I won’t be local! I’m thankful for EACH of you! 

**I will miss the thunderstorms, golf balls hitting my back window, deer in my backyard, road kill for the taking, swimming with the Aquanauts, scouting with a great troop #244 for my boys and the people of WALMART at 2am (GA really does have the best weird people)!

If you are interested in getting together for lunch, movie, games or even froyo before I leave, please send me a message and I will squeeze you into my crazy, but most excited life of moving!

I’m thankful for the power of prayer! Our Heavenly Father really does know each of us! He won’t give us more than we can handle or allow us to be put in situations that can’t be worked out.  Through the tender mercies of the Lord……I’m not forgotten!  

6 comments:

  1. So happy for you Shannon. I never get that excited about moving even though we have done it a million times too. What and inspiration that is to me. And you are right about the education. You can never beat the east coast education. But I have two children that are in education and they are going to change the world on education here in Arizona. Where there are needs for much improvement. Good luck.
    PS. I bought the stir fry skillet from you. The frst pamperchef I own. I used it last night. It is Amazing........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we havent met, I find your enthusiam contagious. I wish you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to see you go, but so glad your happy!! I hope everything turns out the way you wish for it too! I'm so sad we haven't had the chance to hang out and spend some time together but who knows what the future holds maybe we can get the chance to rectify that before you go or when you come back for a visit!
    Sabra

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetest person and am so grateful to have been able to cross paths with you, even if it was for just a brief moment. I wish you the best. I am so sad our schedules didn't align so we could have hung out. We leave for our summer vacation Wednesday so I will have to make sure to get in one last big hug before you leave. Cheers to change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sad you are moving for my own selfish reasons, but so happy because I know how much you will love it where you are going. You've been a huge influence on my life this past 6mts and without some of my perspectives would of never changed for the better... You ROCK my socks of girl!! Just wanted you to know you will be missed by me, and you better stay in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete