Saturday, June 9, 2012

STICKS and STONES


Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.  
I call bull crapsters on that statement.

For the first time as an adult, this past year I have had my character, my integrity, who I AM questioned, talked, gossiped, lied and rumored about.  The words do hurt…they sting!  They eventually break you down to the point where you close yourself off from everyone….even from those that make you whole!

Your words HURT!  Not just to me, but to my family!  I LOVE the lesson of before you speak…THINK!  It is True?  Is it Helpful?  Is it Inspiring?  Is it Necessary?  Is it Kind?  
If you answered “no”to any of the questions….keep your piehole closed! 

And then you wake up one day and realize that the people who are taking away from your life and not adding to it, aren’t worth keeping around or thinking about anyway.  
I have my family, my true friends and the gospel (which is true and amazing even when people make mistakes!) 

True friends in life are the ones who sense the sorrow behind my smile, 
the love behind my anger and the meaning behind my silence.

To my true friends…I’m eternally grateful (said in my Toy Story voice!) 
The world needs more of you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I'm sorry you've had to deal with mean people. :( I've learned it's not the quantity of friends I have, but the quality, that matters. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean people suck!!!! Love u chica!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara - mean people DO suck! I've had a lot of this same sort of thing this past year ... finally got some things figured out and my life is so changed now and it's amazing!!! we'll never know what possesses people to do what they do, but I've finally realized that letting go is a must at times - hard as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words absolutely DO hurt, and to say otherwise is complete foolishness! My third grade teacher called me stupid and I harbored that into my adulthood. "Let us oft speak kind words to each other" should be a rule for everyone! Love and hugs from far away! :)

    ReplyDelete