Friday, August 24, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener

When you think about it, fabric softener does the same for clothes as hair conditioner does for our hair!  My favorite part is I get to select the scent myself.  I don't have to just pick one off the shelf and with the million different scents of conditioner out there...you have a million different scents to be had!  I do 18 loads of laundry a week so at only $0.01 per load, it's a huge money saver! 


Items you will need:
(2) cups of hair conditioner (my favorite and good smelly ones are Herbal Essences Hydralicicous, Body Envy and Red Raspberries with Brazilian Silk)
(3) cups of distilled white vinegar
(6) cups boiling water
(1) Mixing utensil
(1) Bucket/Pail/Pot
(1) Empty Bottle (I used an empty labeled milk jug)

STEP 1. Pour the 6 cups of boiling in water into the pail
STEP 2. Add the conditioner
STEP 3. Add the vinegar
STEP 4. Start stirring

Some conditioners will clump up but once you get them in the jug, shake and the clumps will disappear.

Using funnel, pour conditioner into your container! Don't forget to label the container! 

COST: I did go out an buy the vinegar for $1.82 at Walmart, used a third of the bottle ($.60) and conditioner I had on hand ($.48)

For a grand total of $1.08! This is a 96 oz bottle that I filled, and according to Snuggle, 96 oz = 96 loads! This makes it $.01 per load!


Let me know if you try this and what scents you like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment