Saturday, August 25, 2012

Homemade Uncrustables


*These thaw out in my kids lunch making the perfect sandwich! The jelly is coated inside 
the peanut butter so the bread doesn't get soggy. 

* I started making these because I hated the cost of the Uncrustables at the store and my kids were 
whining to be like the other fun kids! Problem solved...I have extra money to get a massage now!

1. Lay out parchment or wax paper on counter.
2. Apply peanut butter on both sides of the bread (we use wheat and make sure the bread is fresh)
3. Using the Pampered Chef Small Scoop, put one scoop of your favorite jelly, jam or preserves
 (we like grape and strawberry) in the middle of half the sandwich.

4. Put together the two halves of bread. 
5. Press slightly to flatten out jelly. 
6. Using the Pampered Chef Cut N' Seal, press down to cut and seal your two pieces of bread.

Here is what the Uncrustables look like once completed.

7. Put one or two sandwiches in a sandwich bag with the flavor of jelly and the date written on the 
outside of the bag. Take out air and seal.

Here is a closeup of the finished bags...ready for the freezer!

NO...I don't waste the ends! We will be eating pb&j french toast strips tonight for dinner 
(breakfast for dinner..oh yeah) if I can keep my hubby from snacking on these!

8. Lay flat on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen, you can place in a container so 
you can use your cookie sheets.

Try a batch!  Let me know what your kids think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment